Monday, January 28, 2013

What is the right thing?

Ug.

Tonight after the visit was over, the girls' mom missed her ride.

It was a little crazy. The visit ended maybe 5 minutes late. While we were walking out she saw the car (her ride, arranged by children's services) pulling away. She did not try to run and catch it, just patiently held the door for all three kids while she watched the car drive slowly through the parking lot.

Anyway, the moral of the story is I didn't know what to do. Leave her there, offer money, give her a ride? The visit center was closed and the car service place was closed as well.

I ended up offering her money, which she did not take, and called the girls' brother's foster mom for advice. She said don't get involved. So I left her there.

It felt horrible. The kids asked me what mom was going to do. I told them it was a grown up problem and that the grown ups would figure it out.

At the end of the day it the kids are my responsibility, but I still feel yucky about leaving her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment